The image of Wile E. Coyote obsessively scheming to catch the Roadrunner fits the description of the Wild Thing to a T. Shes wily of heart. No matter how many times this approach blows up in her face, she continues to scheme to get the guy to do what she wants. In this Girls Gone Wise video book blog, I outline five types of manipulation that are characteristic of the Girl-Gone-Wild. Are any of them characteristic of you?
- Read the third point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 45-55)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- What are some specific ways pop culture encourages women to manipulate men?
- Which type of manipulation have you used the most? The least?
- Can you describe an instance when being wily has blown up in your face?
- How can we become less wily and and more wise in our relationships?