Book Blog 5: Tied to the Kitchen Sink?
“Barefoot, pregnant, and tied to the kitchen sink” is a popular phrase that depicts the sorry state of the traditional housewife. Feminism liberated women from these supposed “shackles” and encouraged us to get out of the house. But the Bible says that constantly being “out and about” is a mark of a Girl Gone Wild…”her feet do not stay at home.” Yikes! Does that mean that God dooms women to a barefoot, tied-to-the-kitchen-sink existence? Find out in this Girls Gone Wise video book blog.
- Read the fifth point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 71-82)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- Post your comments on the Blog
- Why is it important to attend to your private world first?
- Do you agree that God created women with a unique bent for the home? Why or why not?
- Why do you think culture devalues the importance of a woman’s unique connection to the home?
- What important habits and disciplines does a wise woman incorporate into her life?
- What areas of your private life do you have a tendency to neglect? Can you share any ideas or suggestions for habits that have worked for you?