Book Blog 16: Cross Your Heart
What happens if you cross your heart with your right hand, and cross your fingers with your left? Do you still have to keep your promise? What if you’re really mad at the person with whom you’ve made the agreement? Can you get out of it then? The Wild Thing of Proverbs 7 thought so. In this Girls Gone Wise video book blog, you’ll learn about covenants. You’ll discover that even if you don’t cross your heart or sign a piece of paper—even if you just shake your head and say “yes”—even if what you said you’d do is just a little thing, your word is your word. A promise is a promise.
- Read the sixteenth point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 207-215)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- Post your comments on the Blog
- Describe a time when someone close to you broke a promise they made. How did you feel? How did it affect your thoughts and feelings towards that person?
- Why is it important that we are faithful in little things?
- Why is keeping our word particularly important in marriage?
- How can you be more faithful in the little things?